Yesterday, Andrew was such a big help!
I was running late and had to change Lucy and Emmy. Lucy could not decide on what she wanted to wear, so it took a little longer than usual. THEN, Emmy had a spectacular poop blowout, so I had to clean her up, rinse out her pajamas and throw everything into the washer.
On school days, Andrew will wake up, go to the bathroom, get dressed, go downstairs and get his snack packed and then wait for me to get him some breakfast.
On this day, I was running around trying to get poop cleaned up so I could get breakfast for him, Lucy and Emmy.
Andrew, with no prompting from me, got cereal for he and Lucy. This is no easy feat, as the cereal is on the top of the refrigerator and the bowls are on shelves that he cannot reach. Plus the milk is a whole gallon of milk (heavy). So he got one of the dining room chairs, brought it to the fridge, got the cereal. Dragged the chair to the cabinet, got the bowls. Poured the cereal, poured the milk. Got Lucy into her high chair and to top it all off, remembered to say a blessing on the food!
He is such a great big brother and always thinking of ways to help out.
Friday, June 28, 2013
Happy birthday my sweet Andrew!
Oh, we are so happy you joined our family 7 years ago. You are such a joy to have around! You love your sisters so much and are such a good big brother!
This last year has brought lots of new skills learned! You have learned to read, do addition and subtraction. You make a mean plate of nachos. During the school year, you prepare your own snack and the last few weeks of school, you were even able to get your own breakfast by climbing on a chair and getting the cereal on the top of the fridge! You've lost many teeth (I've lost count). You are a great cleaner and organizer. There was a 2 week period where you were working like a fiend so you could earn money to buy some Hot Wheel cars--you loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, set the table and cleaned up toys.
You make your sisters laugh so hard. Lucy LOVES doing everything you do and will copy you all the time. Most of the time it doesn't bother you, but sometimes you will ask her why she is copying you so much.
You are a great help with Emmy. You will hold her and talk to her and stop her from crying. You have fed her and are really excited for her to start crawling. You can make her laugh so hard--you are the only one who can consistently get a giggle from her.
You finished your Bobcat and Tiger badges in Cub Scouts. We are now working towards your Wolf. You really like Cub Scouts and all the activities we get to do. You have a fun time especially with Danny and Tyler.
The other day, you told me that some of the boys call you "Andy" and that you liked it. You didn't like when they called you "And".
Julia, down the road, is one of your best friends. Luckily, you and she will be in the same 2nd grade class!
You want to be a movie director when you grow up and want to own your own movie theater that has a special golden decorating touch!
You have a very active imagination and are constantly voicing imaginary scenarios with your cars or stuffed animals. You love to play with Legos and have just started building things with your imagination as opposed to following the directions.
You are reading more and more everyday. I really enjoy when you read to me. You have a great inflection and make the stories exciting!
You usually say the prayer at bedtime and my favorite is when you pray that you, Lucy and Emmy will sleep the whole night and not wake up Mommy or Daddy.
You are a planner and always want to make sure that you have a plan for what will happen the next day.
You always check with me in the morning to see what the weather will be like and if you should where "short pants and short sleeves" or "long pants".
Everywhere you go, you win over adults. Adults love you and think that you are very well-behaved.
You are very nice to Lucy--even when she bosses you around. She will ask you to get her bunny, and you will without being asked twice. You have read to Lucy a few times and both you and she enjoy it.
We love you so much, Andrew! You came to our family at an absolutely perfect time. I could not imagine our lives without you! You bring such joy and wonderment wherever you go! You are always willing to help and are able to observe when others need help. You are loving and kind to everyone you meet and I know many will call you blessed because of that. We certainly are blessed to have you in our family! Happy, happy birthday my sweet, sweet boy!
Monday, June 03, 2013
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
While we were waiting for the bus the other day, Andrew told me that he had seen something on Spongebob that he thought would be a great way to make more money.
He went on to explain that Mr. Krabs had a great idea and that he wanted to do it too. It seems that during this episode, Mr, Krabs copies some money on the Krabby Kronicle presses.
Andrew said, "Isn't that a great idea, Mom?"
For your viewing pleasure...
Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Andrew lost his first tooth on Sunday, January 29th. I had been warning him that I would pull it if he didn't wiggle it out himself, so Sunday night rolls around and it is still in his mouth.
I looked at it and it was pretty wiggly and his adult tooth was growing in behind it so I decided that it HAD to come out. It was his bottom, middle right tooth.
So, I got some floss--had Backaw tie a slip know (I didn't know how to do that) and then put it around his tooth.
Then we went to the door between the toy room and the kitchen (that was the only door that would swing quickly and shut), tied the other end to the door knob and told Andrew to back up.
Lala was there to witness everything. I told Andrew that I was going to slam the door and hopefully the tooth would pop out.
I slammed the door and heard a little tinkle and we celebrated that the tooth came out. The tooth had come out and was still tied to the floss.
Andrew's mouth was bloody and he kept saying he could taste the blood. Cesar got him a glass of water and told him to swish with it.
He swished out the blood and was fine. I washed off the tooth and put it in a Ziploc baggie.
We put the tooth under his pillow and the next morning the Tooth Fairy had given him a dollar.
Andrew later told me he would be willing to do that 5 more times.
He has no more loose teeth, but I am ready for any future loose teeth that don't want to come out!
Monday, January 23, 2012
Monday, November 14, 2011
I was re-reading past updates and loved how they captured a moment in time, so I decided to continue on with these monthly updates.
- Still loves Curious George
- Still sleeps with his Bears, but leaves them at home when he goes to school. Instead, he takes Mr. Domo because he fits better in his backpack.
- LOVES kindergarten
- He usually sits with his friends Skylar and Alyssa on the busride to school and either with Robbie or Joey on the busride home
- He had a playdate with Alyssa (who wrote him a love note)
- He understands the concept of girlfriend ("someone you marry")
- He finally tried a new sandwich at Subway. Instead of tuna, he now gets a BMT
- He still drinks about 32 to 48 oz of 1% milk daily
- He LOVES his little sister and can always make her laugh
- He is obsesses with the Cars and Cars 2 movies
- LOVES The Polar Express movie and will sing all of the songs that are sung
- Does not like Spongebob, but likes Spongebob in Spanish
- Loves the Busytown Mysteries cartoons
- Hates kielbasa and beans
- Loves to cook and has become quite good at retrieving ingredients from the fridge and pantry
- Will go upstairs and call Backaw for dinner then race downstairs to beat Backaw to the table (he also will quickly get Backaw's diet Coke from the fridge and put it at his place setting)
- Can take off his clothes and dress himself (when he wants to), but still likes it when I or Cesar help him get dressed
- Brushes his own teeth, but we still help him at night to make sure he gets at least one good cleaning
- We have to floss just 2 teeth in the back, otherwise he has great spacing
- He grinds his teeth incessantly at night (it makes it difficult when we have to sleep in the same room with him)!
- Sleeps with a light on and music
- Will not pick his nose and has to be forced to blow his nose. We do put saline drops in his nose to clear out some of those boogers
- Goes to the bathroom without help and can wipe himself after pooping mostly without help.
- Still does not stand up to pee
- Played soccer for the first time this fall and loved it!
- Tried hockey for the first time also and hated it (mainly because he does not know how to ice skate)
- Wants to play baseball badly
- Loves apple juice
- He gets his own hot lunch at school
- Getting hot lunch was one of the things he was most excited about when going to kindergarten
- Has a great sense of humor and always is telling jokes and trying to think up new ones
- Loves to go shopping and go on outings
- Loves to play games on my Iphone
- Writes his name very well and is starting to spell words phonetically
- Loves to color and draw pictures
- Loves to read
- Loves to snuggle
- Loves to just talk at the end of the day with me
- Loves his Legos and can put together anything by following the little instruction booklet