Friday, November 10, 2006

Andrewisms

Yesterday, I was talking to Andrew about Thanksgiving and started poking him in the tummy to see if he was done (like a turkey). He thought that was the funniest thing and started laughing. I kept poking him and he kept laughing, harder and harder. He has a deep, gruff laugh. I will try to get it recorded so you can all hear it.

We have a set schedule for bedtime, otherwise Andrew gets crazy and won't settle down to sleep. We have to put the humidifier on, the dolphin night light, get a bottle all fixed and put on a Harry Potter cd. Then we lie down, him in the crook of my left arm with the bottle resting on the side of me. He will fall asleep like that and I know when he's asleep when I start to feel a little dribble of milk down the side of me and I take the bottle out of his mouth.

He has just discovered his tongue and will now stick it out at all times and roll it around his lips. He tries to stick everthing in his mouth--my hair, blankets, fingers, etc.

While in the car, the only thing that would calm him down was a specific Mexican rap song, but I have found out that it is really any Mexican music that will calm him down.

He hates to have his view blocked. When it is cold outside we put a blanket over his carseat and he gets so mad that he is not able to see what is going on!

When I change him he will hold his knees up for me--his little hands resting on his knees.

No comments: